We walked around for a bit and looked at a few local art exhibits. One of which had this guy, Victor, who ended up taking us around the whole place and showing us the different art on display, and explaining where it was from and how it was made. He also told us about a little creperie(?) that was good and had a cute little ambiance. Later on, we took a tour of the Teatro Juarez,, which is an amazing old theater that was built in the 1800's, I bought a nice original painting to go with my paper mache wall hangings from Tlaquepaque, and we watched a really crazy mime put on a show in front of the theater. *This gorgeous band made up of
(Side note: I got a little lazy after the impromptu concert, so I just wrote a list of what happened for the rest of the day)
" -Ate some awesome food for dinner
-Walked around
-Saw this group of minstrels taking a group around the city. Apparently this place is known for this. We didn't join in though because we didn't want to pay.
- Walked around some more= everything is connected and beautiful!
- Coincidentally ran into the minstrel's group everywhere. haha
-Saw this weird costumed person taking pictures and posing for money. Whats was so strange about this was that we couldn't tell what it was supposed to be, and it looked like it was straight from some impressionist painting."
Stay tuned for the next installment of my on-going series: Semana Santa, Adventures to the Heartland, tomorrow, or the next time I have some free time :)


Wow, those pictures are amazing. I'm jealous that you get to be around that great architecture. But I'm also glad that you're having such a good experience. Also as well I can't wait to see you when we both return to the same city...er...state, er...country.
ReplyDeleteSuch a fun time you are having. Are you still returning to Provo for the summer?
ReplyDelete